vendredi 22 février 2013

A special arrival in Copenhagen

Thank you to Crystal from http://crystalgoestoeurope.blogspot.fr/ for the Paris/Voiron goodies that showed up in my mailbox a few days ago.

They are now enjoying their new home in Copenhagen.

Crystalgoestoeurope in Copenhagen! Photo by Den Nation.

I'm just waiting for a cozy rainy evening to eat  devour the chocolate in front of a movie with my husband.

I actually don't think I want to use the nail file because it's too pretty to scratch up!

Thanks again! So when is the real Crystal coming to Copenhagen?

6 commentaires:

  1. From all your pictures Copenhagen actually looks like the stereotype I get from postcards. It's funny, whenever I am traveling to a new place I try quell my expectations. It's a real place It won't match the stereotype I've gotten from postcards/movies etc. And yet, most places I have traveled to closely match what I think they will be like.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It really is beautiful. I've posted a lot of photos of coloured houses here, but there are a lot of brick houses and facades here as well. I should post some pictures of that as well. But don't worry, there a few ugly concrete buildings around here as well. I just try to stick to the picturesque Danish villages/areas of Copenhagen to get my fill of cute houses.

      Supprimer
  2. Care packages are the best. As an immigration, I really value snail mail--wonderful things come by mail!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Actually, I won Crystal's giveaway a few weeks ago. I love receiving things in the mail too, especially postcards. When I see a postcard waiting for me, it only makes me want to travel more!

      Supprimer
  3. Yay! What a cool pic of the goodies in front of those Danish buildings! I hope you enjoy the chocolate (I'm not sure I could share with Max lol).

    Well, the real Crystal might just make an appearance in either June or July? I have to see if/when I get a job, but perhaps I could work something out and sneak off for a visit. I'm dying to visit Scandinavia, and it would be great to meet you in person :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Well, how about coming sooner? Or just before you start working again?

      I never imagined I would get to live in Scandinavia. It was something I always thought about and I always wondered how it was like here. It was always a bit mysterious to me, as nobody talks about visiting Scandinavia in Canada. Everyone talks about their visit to Paris, London and Rome.

      Everybody here has told me that it rains a lot in Denmark. It rained the 1st full day I was here and after that...does rain exist here? Still waiting for the cozy night with the chocolate...

      Supprimer